Hi Croners! Time flies when you are having fun and and so we have reached the sixth episode in our column “The Prospecting Masterclass“. Seems like yesterday when we released the first one.
Algirdas is an incredible “Human Oriented” Sales and through his answers we can see the high value of his work. We love people like Algirdas, they are the type of people you are happy to buy something from.
Find his interview below. Thanks Algirdas!
Here is the interview with Algirdas Snioka, enjoy reading!
1) Hi Algirdas, can you tell us about yourself and your experience in B2B Sales?
Hi! I am a family man, a father of two, enjoying this busy life.
I have been working in B2B sales and customer care for more than a decade. While working in different positions in the financing sector I advised SMEs on business creditworthiness management. All positions involved active B2B sales and cooperation with C-level decision makers.
For the last 3 years I have represented the open data platform Okredo where I have taken the responsibility for long-cycle strategic sales for governmental institutions and large companies.
2) How would you describe yourself if you could only use 5 words?
I am a happy person.
3) What are the most difficult challenges you have faced regarding Prospecting and Outbound Sales in your past and current professional experiences? How did you solve them?
Due to the constant flow of offers the decision-makers become indifferent to new ideas. Getting them interested was and still is the most difficult challenge.
In my personal experience, the magic lies within the basics: preparation and personal approach. I have a natural curiosity to understand the prospect’s business. I start with the questions, look for the pain points, do the homework and present my ideas before going deep to my product or service. It takes time but gives a great return on many levels.
Sales improved when I started to approach “gatekeepers” (administrators, and others, who are picking the phone for the people I want to reach) as my prospects.
4) How do you see B2B outbound sales changing in the next 12 months? What challenges and trends do you anticipate?
As Gary Vee once said: “As we become more like Jetsons, the people that act like Flintstones are going to win.” So, in the context of a great variety of prospecting tools and channels, the personal approach and humanization of sales are and will be the backbone of sustainable B2B transactions.
I anticipate that “cold calling“will be changed by “smart calling“. Phone calls are still the best way to start sustainable B2B outbound sales and now access to business intelligence is the best.
5) What advice would you give to someone starting today as an SDR?
- Be yourself. Sales are human interactions. If you are a natural person wanting to help, you won’t be rejected (note: as a person, not a deal)
- Sales are tough. You will hear “no” to your ideas, products, and services. It’s ok. Take the best from it and move forward.
- Success is a consequence. Consistency and patience in sales always bring long-lasting results.
- Learn from others. The understanding of your mistakes comes from learning the experience of others (books, podcasts, seminars etc.).